RotiGrow® OneStep is a liquid, high-yield microalgal blend rotifer feed that contains all of the nutritional components needed to produce the most healthy and vigorous rotifers and larvae in one easy step.
It is the cleanest, most reliable and easy to use nutrition for rotifers and lavae on the market. The nutrition is incorporated into the tissue of the rotifers, not merely the gut contents. The whole cell of the microalgae is preservered through a proprietary, biosecure process, encapsulating all the nutrients. Intact cells mean a cleaner tank, less waste and greater value.
Step Up to OneStep For Consistent Hatchery Production
Grow-out enrichment with RotiGrow OneStep along with the adoption of optimal rotifer culture practices (described below), enables hatcheries to reduce costs, improve the reliability of rotifer production and produce more nutritious and more vigorous rotifers, for improved growth and survival of larvae.
RotiGrow OneStep provides all these advantages:
- Full-spectrum enrichment from microalgae
In addition to optimal highly-unsaturated fatty acid (HUFA) enrichment, RotiGrow OneStep provides comprehensive tissue-bound vitamin, mineral, and carotenoid enrichment of rotifers without sacrificing other nutritional factors or stressing the rotifers.
- Optimal HUFA enrichment with high protein content
This eliminates any separate enrichment steps. Typical analysis (ash free) of rotifers grown on RotiGrow OneStep:
- 70% Protein
- 12% lipid
- 25% DHA (% of fatty acids)
- 7% EPA (% of fatty acids)
- 2% ARA (% of fatty acids)
- Healthy rotifer cultures
Rapid growth, fouling minimized, reduced bacteria loads.
- Higher yields at high densities
Rotifers can double daily at densities over 5 million L-Type rotifers per litre. RotiGrow OneStep grows rotifers as well as Nannochloropsis or RotiGrow Plus.
- Concentrated, clean, liquid form
Exceptionally easy to use, produces cultures with minimal foaming or clumping, requiring less maintenance.
The best way is the low-cost way
Use of RotiGrow OneStep eliminates stress inducing and costly additional enrichment and washing stages, and even allows enriched rotifers to be pumped continuously from the rotifer culture tank into the larval tank. This saves both the labor costs and added complexity of setting up enrichment feeding schedules, rotifer washing, and other handling procedures, and their opportunities for mistakes.
Additional savings can be realized by optimizing rotifer culture practices to include:
- Continuous culturing offers several advantages over batch culture:
- Rotifers are most productive under stable conditions. The consistent feeding and harvest regimes that prevail in continuous culture promote rotifer health, supporting high productivity and nutritional quality.
- The rotifers have a younger age distribution than in batch cultures, due to the high daily harvest rate. Younger rotifers feed more actively, are more fecund, and are more vigorous swimmers in the larval tank.
- Simplified management of culture operations by using the same feeding and harvest levels every day, thus minimizing the opportunities for costly mistakes.
- No interruption of rotifer production while a new culture grows to harvest density.
- No need for tanks to be frequently emptied, cleaned, refilled and reinoculated, further minimizing the opportunities for mistakes, and saving unnecessary labor.
- Intensive culturing saves precious hatchery floor space, and reduces the number of culture tanks to be managed:
- Intensive cultures (3 –10 million rotifers per liter) require smaller volumes and so less space in hatcheries.
- Intensive cultures are more readily enclosed, to improve control of culture conditions and exclude contaminants.
- Intensive cultures require less water, and more concentrated rotifers are easier to harvest.
- High-density cultures are fed high-quality, high-density feeds (concentrates). The consistent concentration of these feeds enables automated delivery to the culture by metering pump, improving consistency and reliability of feeding.