TET 3600™ Frozen Bottle - 1 quart
Tet 3600™ is a frozen, whole-cell concentrate of Tetraselmis, a large green flagellate with a very high lipid level and natural amino acids that stimulate feeding in bivalves and larval shrimp.
TET 3600™ is a frozen, whole-cell concentrate of Tetraselmis sp., a large green flagellate with a very high lipid level and natural amino acids that stimulate feeding in bivalves and larval shrimp. Strain: PLY 429
For Bivalve Larvae past day 7, Spat and Broodstock
Applications & Benefits
Directions & Feeding
- Defrost overnight in a refrigerator.
- When water is circulated with a centrifugal pump, such as with an upweller, add in front of the pump intake and the pump will disperse the algae cells.
- When feeding into open tanks or header tanks, pre-dilute the algae 10:1 with system water.
- Add system water to a small bucket.
- Add TET 3600 and stir.
- DO NOT BLEND; it is unnecessary and may damage the algae cells.
- Pour into larvae tank or spat.
- Pouring through a 20–micron screen can improve dispersion.
- Feed according to the table below. Adjust dosage to meet the needs of your hatchery and larvae.
- Refrigerate bottle when not in use.
- Use within 14 days of defrosting
Typical Feeding Ration
Feed according to shell length. Shell length on a given day is an estimate. Larviculture may run up to 20 days.
Daily Feed Rates per million larvae, for Crassostrea virginica (from FAO protocol)
|Day||Mean shell length||TET 3600 (ml)||Liters of live
Feed By Live Weight
- 0.5ml TET 3600 per gram live weight of spat per day
- Works for all sizes of spat
– OR –
Feed by Seed Count and Size
(Feeding 1 million Oyster Spat; based on FAO manual, p. 137, Table 14)
|Length (mm)||TET 3600 feed per day|
Feeding Broodstock Conditioning and Fattening
Typical Broodstock Feed Rates:
0.015–0.027 ml TET 3600 per gram wet meat weight per day
0.15–0.5 ml TET 3600 per adult animal per day (depending on feed ration and size*)
*The required food ration for conditioning is based on the meat weight of the adults. It is usually between 2 and 4% of the mean dry meat in dry weight of algae fed per day. This is approximately equivalent to 0.015–0.027 ml TET 3600 per gram of wet meat weight.
Storage & Technical Data
|Storage||2-year shelf life when frozen
12-14 week refrigerated shelf life after defrosting
|Tip||Keep frozen before defrosting, refrigerate after defrosting.|
|Description||Viscous green-brown concentrate|
|Algal size||10–20 microns|
|Cell Density||~0.72 Billion cells per ml|
|Microalgal Biomass (Dry)||180g Biomass/L|
|Composition of Dry Algal Biomass (Typical)|
|Composition of Liquid Product|
|Coliform bacteria||2 <0.3 mpn/mL|
LPB™ FROZEN SHELLFISH DIET®
For Larvae, Post-larvae and Broodstock Bivalves and Larval Shrimp, LPB is a frozen, whole-cell concentrate of Tetraselmis sp., Thalassiosira weissflogii, Thalassiosira pseudonana, and Schizochytrium
SHELLFISH DIET 1800®
A unique mix of five marine microalgae - Isochrysis, Pavlova, Tetraselmis, Thalassiosira weissflogii and Thalassiosira pseudonana species that have demonstrated success with a wide variety of marine and freshwater shellfish, including: oysters, clams, mussels, scallops, and crustaceans.