Pav 1800™ is a refrigerated, whole-cell concentrate of Pavlova sp. microalgae. Pavlova, a small golden/brown flagellate similar to Isochrysis, is very high in DHA and carotenoids.
PAV 1800™ is a refrigerated, whole-cell concentrate of Pavlovophyceae microalgae. Pavlova, a small golden/brown flagellate similar to Isochrysis, is very high in DHA and carotenoids. (Strain: Pavlovophyceae, CCPM 459).
For Bivalve Larvae, Spat and Broodstock
Applications & Benefits
Directions & Feeding
- When water is circulated with a centrifugal pump, such as with an upweller, add in front of the pump intake and the pump will disperse the algae cells.
- When feeding into open tanks or header tanks, pre-dilute the algae 10:1 with system water.
- Add system water to a small bucket.
- Add PAV 1800 and stir.
- DO NOT BLEND; it is unnecessary and may damage the algae cells.
- Pour into larvae tank or spat.
- Pouring through a 20–micron screen can improve dispersion.
- Feed according to the table below. Adjust dosage to meet the needs of your hatchery and larvae.
- Refrigerate bottle when not in use.
Typical Feeding Ration
Feed according to shell length. Shell length on a given day is an estimate. Larviculture may run up to 20 days.
Daily Feed Rates per million larvae, for Crassostrea virginica (from FAO protocol)
|Day||Mean shell length||PAV 1800 (ml)||Liters of live
Feed By Live Weight
- 0.7ml PAV 1800 per gram live weight of spat per day
- Works for all sizes of spat
– OR –
Feed by Seed Count and Size
(Feeding 1 million Oyster Spat; based on FAO manual, p. 137, Table 14)
|Length (mm)||PAV 1800 feed per day|
Feeding Broodstock Conditioning and Fattening
Typical Broodstock Feed Rates:
0.03 – 0.06 ml PAV 1800 per gram wet meat weight per day
0.3 – 1.2 ml PAV 1800 per adult animal per day (depending on feed ration and size*)
*The required food ration for conditioning is based on the meat weight of the adults. It is usually between 2 and 4% of the mean dry meat in dry weight of algae fed per day. This is approximately equivalent to 0.03–0.06ml PAV 1800 per gram of wet meat weight.
Storage & Technical Data
|Packaging||1-quart bottle, 1-liter bag, 10-liter cubitaner®|
|Storage||4-month shelf life when refrigerated|
|Tip||Do not freeze|
|Description||100% Pavlova sp.|
|Appearance||Viscous brown concentrate|
|Cell Size||4 - 7 microns|
|Cell Density||~3.9 Billion cells per ml|
|Algal Dry Biomass||80g Biomass/L|
|Composition of Dry Algal Biomass (Typical)|
|DHA (% of lipids)||6.0%|
|EPA (% of lipids)||20.7%|
|ARA (% of lipids)||0.6%|
|Composition of Liquid Product|
|Coliform Bacteria||<0.3 mpn/mL|
|Known pathogenic marine bacteria||Negative|